Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where WE are in process

After the last post -- I wanted to start a new one just to give an update on where WE are in process.

When we choose Carter we chose him because we fell in love with him and felt he was OUR son....beyond any doubt.   We still believe that and have since fallen madly in love with him....   However he is in a country that is a *BIT* unpredictable in timelines and things.... it can be a bit frustrating (not yet, but when in country).


So we were "submitted" to the countries authorities on August 2nd.   We were thinking it would be 6-8 weeks before traveling.... however it seems things MAY be running a little faster right now.  
For example some families that "submitted" the week before we did, received their DATE in country in 5 weeks!   So what that means is there is a CHANCE we could receive our "magic phone call" next week (I was more thinking Sept. 5th) and could travel in close to 3 weeks!  (I was originally thinking last week of September / first week of October.... hmmm could be MUCH SOONER than I had thought.   BUT---  with things in this country-- things are really "unkown" until they are "known".  If that makes any sense at all.

Either way we just keep plugging a long... I have a "to do" list a mile long.   I am just working my way down that list step by step.

Also in the waiting time we are doing our best to raise the funds we need to travel.  If you look at the Finances tab at the top of my blog you will see always where we are, I try to update this 1x a week.  

We will be wrapping up our "Homestead Auction" this Friday August 24th!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU to all who donated and all of you who bidded on items... It wouldn't have been an auction with out you!!!


We will be starting a new Nourishing Our Children "Give away" on Monday.  Ahhh.. okay  I am beyond tempted to open this much sooner, but I won't.  We'll finish the auction first.   However... BE ready, if you are into Nourishing Foods in ANY way, you will LOVE this auction.  Some of the prizes include ($200 Green Pasture coupons, $50 US Wellness Meat gift certificate, Pickl It Jars, One month membership to GNOWFGLINS course, DVD's and MANY popular ebooks!!)   I will have a link here August 27th, unless I cannot hold out and open it on August 24th!!  :)

Lastly, on September 1st we will be having a LARGE, hopefully VERY LARGE yardsale.  A lot of local families have been gathering items to donate and we will be having a large yardsale to help raise funds to BRING Carter Home!!!   **If you live local, we are looking for more items to sell AND it looks like we REALLY need help the day of the sale....if you can come please do!**


I really feel a peace, that if we can get one of the 2 no interest loans we applied for to help us cover the $6,000 we will receive from Jason's employer as soon as we get back to the US, we will be in REALLY good shape for traveling!!   PLEASE pray, that if it is His will this will all work out.


One last area I need to ask for help is, with some childcare.   We will be having Denise's mom come and stay with the children.   However there a few days that Denise's mom needs to tend to another obligation.  It will be from the hours of 11am-11pm on 3 days (Monday, Wednesday, & Friday)  every other week.  If you think you could help us in this way... PLEASE let us know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment