Today was a BEAUTIFUL day-- we went to church and we shared with our church family this leading to adoption we have...and I have to say-- we have been BLESSED-- the families are SO super suportive & encouraging! We then took the afternoon and went to a park and had a picnic-- just enjoying the day.
We are REALLY trying to get our Home study papers-- DONE. We do not have the funds yet, but we are trusting they will arrive JUST in time.
So far we have handed out most of our reference forms, sent in the forms for the FBI Background check, PA Child Abuse check and PA Criminal Record Check. (these take the longest to be returned, and I don't want to be waiting for them...so I made this FIRST priority)
I have a LOT of our general copies done (birth certificates, marriage certificate, medical insurance cards, 401K, pay stubs, etc... )
Tomorrow we will go get our fingerprints done. I also need to call the HS agency to see which course credit hours (12 total) I can overlap with our Adoption agency-- so we can get those out of the way as well.
This week my goal is to finish the copies that need (bank statement, life insurance, federal income tax forms etc), hand out our last reference forms.
Still praying some of our "off the wall" not your ordinary fundraising "pays off". I think I may start a page here too for those things. Right now we are trying to sell our 2002 Chevy Suburban ($7000)... it is VERY nice suburban...but we have a 15 passenger and Jason has a car to drive to work-- so we don't "NEED" it-- it was just nice to have in the winter. We are also selling 2 VERY nice dairy goats and their kids. We have 2 that give us PLENTY of milk so we have decided to sell 2. ($400 for each pair). Not sure what other fundraising we will do. I am not a person who keeps much stuff... (I am a minimalist usually) so I don't even really have stuff for a "yard sale". Oh-- and I have sold (well I need to tie up a lose end) our SOS homeschool curriculum. If you have any ideas about some fundraising-- please let me know.
I think at this point once the above is done-- it is time to take a DEEP breath and enjoy the kids I have surrounding me right now..... :)
Do we know which child we would like to adopt? Well-- we did get some information and picture and VIDEOS on one BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL LITTLE girl-- but BEFORE we can commit to her we need $3000.00! So-- we will wait-- and TRUST-- I do not want to watch any more-- and I really don't want to look at RR until we are ready financially to commit--- but it is HARD.... VERY HARD!!!
Not sure if it is "normal" but we still think and pray and talk about Laurel a lot-- she was such a special girl-- even if we never met her.
This song really sums up this last 2 weeks. As my heart is WAKING to what is happening in Bulgeria and other areas to children.... it is heart breaking-- I want my heart to be ALIVE-- and in tune with HIS-- but not OVERWHELMED or OVERCOME--- just ALIVE with Jesus and HIS power in these situations.
Denise, I just found you blog in your Momys siggy, and bookmarked it. SO THRILLED!!!
ReplyDeleteI know someone who recently walked around a development and neighborhood yard sale with flyers and asked owners if they'd be willing to donate all the items that don't sell at the end of their yard sale. And offered to come pick everything up, and explained that they would be selling the items at a yard sale to help bring home a little one with special needs from EE, so they wouldn't end up in an adult mental institution. This friend got such a great response!
Praying for you right now, Denise, and can't wait to see you Saturday! We have a lot to talk about!