Friday, April 27, 2012

Getting the Ball Rolling

So that leads us to this week.....

After doing a bit of reading on different blogs and so forth and really remembering some things that Susanna and a few other (MOMYS friends)  had said about agencies-- I looked into "About a Child" to use as an agency.

However AAC is in California-- and we MUST use an PA agency to complete our homestudy... and I saw on AAC's website they recommended "Adoption Related Services" in Shrewsberry, PA as a good agency to get our Home Study (HS) through.  So I called and she gave me LOTS of information.   Inicluding that our cost for the homestudy will be $1600 for a Hauge country.  I will gather documents and then set up an appointment for a home visit where everyone wil be interviewed indiviually and a breif inspection will be done.  10 days later I should have a rough draft to review nad make any corrections and then we wil Finalize it and be HOMESTUDY APPROVED!!  Total time frame-- Agressive= 4-6 weeks

So she emailed me a prelininary application, we filled it out and sent it in with our $200 application fee...(gotta love application fees)
To which she received the next day and sent me the "Official" Homestudy packet -- 25+ documents!!  Can you say OVERWHELMING!?!  Please begin praying-- we really do need GOD to move mountains with the finances.    We are already selling a few "abnormal things"  (goats, subruban, etc)....  but I cannot do this-- GOD must lead-- I must LISTEN!!

Anyone who KNOWS me KNOWS I have it all in spread sheet form in a check list fashion with status and completion dates READY to be checked OFF!!  *****That said-- I DO KNOW this HAS to be  GOD thing-- HE HAS TO WORK-- I have to FOLLOW--

No comments:

Post a Comment