Thursday, July 5, 2012

GOLD STAR DAY!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! I600A SENT

Oh my goodness what an AWESOME DAY!!!

I was able to mail off our I600A form!!  What is that?  It is a form we had to fill out to apply for US citizenship and Immigration services for an orphan.    (Basically it is approval from the US to adopt as far as I can tell).
So we mailed that off with $890 (some of that is for some fingerprinting we will have to get done)

THEN-- I was able to pick up  my Dr.' forms which were a MAJOR headache-- but I do believe are DONE!! 

So now tomorrow Jason will run some more papers to Harrisburg to be apostilled.
(An apostille is a special seal applied by an authority to certify that a document is a true copy of an original.)  See that gold seal.. each one costs $15 we will need about 48 documents appositlled!!



Then we will MAIL off ALL our documents that do NOT need Passport #'s to OUR COUNTRY TOMORROW!!!  YES-- OUR FIRST OFFICAL mailing to "said" country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  For translation!!  (which we have to wire $500 over to begin).  Sounds easy enough-- yeah-- I was at 2 banks at 2:30 this afternoon and NEITHER could get the wire done before 3pm (when the Federal Reserve closes, I guess?)  so Jason will try HIS hand at it tomorrow.


THEN...........

that means-- until Jason's birth certificate comes (around July 11th) we are DONE chasing papers.   Once that comes we will MARCH over to the POST office and get a RUSH on our Passports.   That they say RUSHED will take 3 weeks.... THEN we fill out a few more EASY forms (yet forms that need notarized and appostilled (at $15 each)) and THEN-- we are DONE with our DOSSIER!!!

We are SO CLOSE!!

However-- I asked about the time frame-- and the time frame from submitting our Dossier to traveling-- 8-10 weeks!!  Those will be LONG WEEKS (with HOPEFULLY minimal forms to re-do).

That said-- 8-10 weeks to raise our remaining FUNDS will be probably cutting us SUPER close!!  

But maybe not--  I jumped on here to post our udpate only to find SOMEONE(s) added $200 to our FSP fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO EVER YOU ARE THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how my heart skips when I see that growing...... that will be our traveling $$  (air fare and lodging in country).

It is so neat how this is all coming together bit by bit--- not too fast-- not too slow.... PERFECTLY!!




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations-that's a huge step. Oh how I wish our country program went as quickly as yours is!

    I did a rush on our baby's passport a few weeks ago and it came back in only 1 1/2 weeks (even though we were told 3 weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations on all of the exciting progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your progress! You're getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a WONDERFUL update, Denise! I can't tell you how exciting it is to me to see your family go through this process. God is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete