Monday, July 30, 2012

Screeechhhhh (brakes applied quickly) HOMESTEAD Auction straight ahead...

Yes, I am re-vamping our "big fundraiser" for Carter.

After hearing all the neat goodies people have offered for our "give away" I realized some are pretty "feminine" and some are not-- and what if a guy's guy wins a signing time dvd?  (lol, that would be funny, but much better in the hands of a mommy with younger children).

So we are going QUICKLY switch things over to a silent auction...with a GRAND prize given after collecting the names of EVERY person who bids (and as many times as you bid.... so if you bid 10 times but do not win any of the items... you STILL get entered 10x for the BIG prize!!)  Hmmm sound good?

Also after talking with a dear friend about my friends & neighbors and what we are "into".   I think we may STRETCH this out a bit-- and open it up to HOMEMADE, Homestead, gifts.... yes, so if you make something, if you bake something,  if you raise something, if you GROW something and you would like to donate it (you can ask for a minimum bid, please help me decide this) PLEASE DONATE it!! 



How neat could this be!!    Of course if someone donates a goat, or a chicken or something-- we will NOT be shipping it to Florida!!  LOL  So some long distance people will have to stick to mail-able items!!







I think this could be VERY unique-- and a LOT OF FUN!!   It's not Tupperware, it's not Pampered Chef-- this is going to be a DOWN HOME auction!!

PS:  Homesteading books are welcome too.. I know some have mentioned a how to sew book and another homesteading type book!!

Send me a comment or email with your willing donations!!!  Let's show them how WE do this!! 

I am excited now-- I had a VERY BAD evening (eyes still swollen from tears) but I am up and EXCITED NOW!!!  Thank you all!!!  (And especially my dear friend who called me at 11:30pm to speak words of encouragement to me... THAT is a good friend!!)  I am blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment