Sunday, July 29, 2012

Why International? Why Special Needs? Is it true?

I know we get lots of questions about WHY we are adopting a child that has some "special needs"?   Is their life REALLY that bad where they are??   Is any of this true?  Or is it a hoax for the other countries to make $$?

Well-- I can start with the last question first-- IT IS NOT A HOAX.  My dear friend Susanna Musser is NOT just an "online" someone-- I have met her, I have seen her tears, I have seen her DEAR sweet Katie.  I have SEEN the transformation.   I have HEARD what she saw, I was able to see pictures of some things..... these are not just "stories"-- this is TRUTH.   (Granted, Katies orphanage was one of the VERY worst) still-- children in EE (Eastern Europe) with special needs are "really considered the lowest of the low.  They are outcasts in society--and are treated as such.  They have no value.  They are literally locked away and forgotten about. They are often abandoned and left alone in an orphanage with VERY little if any medical care that they NEED to help them survive."  (quote taken from  "out of excuses" post below)

Here is a post where Susanna posts about Katie's orphanage.
Do you think this seems like an impossible task, there is NO HOPE for these children?  REALLY?  Look at these pictures.. (the ones at the end are when she was in EE, at 9 years old... really, 9 years OLD)
There are more-- these children NEED RESCUED!!
One last post, BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!    I only share Susanna's because I KNOW her-- she is not some one "way out there in cyber land making up these HORRID STORIES)... this is REAL... REALLY REAL!

This is a BBC documentary on Ukraine.... I have seen these children listed on Reeces' Rainbow...this is an entirely different country that where Katie came from--- yet the pictures are JUST as disturbing!!


It's not just one country-- Here is the BBC documentary REVISITED from Bulgaria:
You can YouTube search for the first part "Bulgaria's Abandoned Children Parts 1-5-- I CANNOT watch them ever again, they are VERY disturbing... I prayed and prayed most of the night after watching them-- the evil is PERVERSE!)


This dear mom gets it too-- which is why she is going back to adopt 2 more dear children AS FAST AS SHE POSSIBLY CAN....
Her post--  "Out of Excuses" says it all....
"Why are we called to do things that seem almost ridiculous when our personal circumstances may not be perfect?  Why does God call us to do the impossible when, to us, it seems like we don't have all our ducks in a row? Because God wants to show His GLORY!  And it is when we step out and do the seemingly impossible tasks He gives us that He can show His glory.  The glory belongs to Him, not us.

Here we are almost in 2010.  Oh my, how times are different.  We're a bunch of complainers I tell you.  Whiners to the max.  We go the the Lord with all our petty, lame little excuses about why we should not, could not, would not, do something He has commanded us to do.  We are so afraid to sacrifice--we don't want to be uncomfortable.  "It's just too hard, Lord".  How many times have I said that to the Lord?  Obedience requires sacrifice--just read about it over and over and over in the Bible.

We're just not willing to sacrifice anymore. It's just too darn uncomfortable."
I know some also then say-- You can only save so many children.... what about the rest?   Well I REALLY hate this question by the way... I heard it said a few different ways-- all PERFECT....

"Adopting one child will not change the world; but for that child, the world will change."

The Star Fish Story says it perfectly as well... WHY We are doing this.... It DOES matter....

PLEASE, I ask you-- if you watch NO other videos in this post-- WATCH THIS ONE-- if it does not break your heart-- that well-- WOW!!




WE DO welcome any questions---- this is VERY new to us--- we are learning as we go---

We cannot WAIT to GO-- GET OUR SON!!  And bring him HOME!!  Please continue to pray for that end.......


No comments:

Post a Comment