I do not know if I have posted this blog post before or not-- but the one thing I do pray is that people will see our adoption process and NOT at ALL be in awe of US... or what WE are doing it-- because TRUST me-- I have never ever been so humbled in MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!
I have NEVER had to ask for so much help in my whole life-- and that is because this is SURELY NOT US-- this is GOD-- this is GOD orchestrating the WHOLE process.
I have never had to pray so much--- not for our needs only--- but my eyes have been opened to so many needs, so many families, so many children.... it is amazing!! I truly have had to pray with out ceasing, it is no longer "prayer time"... it is praying all the time as someone or some family comes to mind (very frequently).
I want people to KNOW and BELIEVE this was NOT Jason & Denise adopting these children-- this was Jason & Denise-- being led by the Lord-- and watching HIM work in ways we REALLY NEVER EVER imagined.
If we can do this-- by God's leading-- anyone can-- (with God's leading and direction). I know many are very intimidated by the thought of adopting due to cost mostly... some are concerned about the needs of the child (special needs or not special needs they ALL have NEEDS, just as our biological children have NEEDS. Do not let the world and its rational deter you from following HIS CALLING.
I am so thankful for some of the people he has brought into our lives through this process. Some thru our online auction, some were friends we had in high school and have not had much contact with but through this adoption we have reconnected and we are thrilled.
Today at our yard sale I had a poster (I did not get any pictures ... HORRIBLE I KNOW-- but I sold my camera the day before and have not purchased a new one yet....) that showed a Poster with Reece's Rainbow and their ministry and some statistics and also a picture of "Carter"... and some donated some extra money to their yard sale total. However we had 4 wonderful conversations and that made my day.
1- One family had extended family members that have adopted children. 2 of them were children with Down Syndrome here in the US and 2 internationally. That was a neat connection.
2- One lady saw our poster and told us she was adopted at 8 months old. She said she couldn't have asked for better adoptive parents. She did NOT want to talk any more about that, but that was a neat comment... I don't know I've ever talked with someone who was the ADOPTED.... She looked like a very nice woman (not wanting to talk) I pray she is not caring hurt though, as she did not want to talk. Praying for her.
3- We had one lady who had 2 children with different special needs share about her children and some of the therapy providers she has used. She is beginning home schooling and she has found outside therapists that are really good.. So that was a GREAT connection (please PRAY I find the cardboard I wrote it all down on... *blush*). She also shared she has ALWAYS wanted to adopt children with special needs...so she took a little card with Reeces' Rainbows information!! :)
4- We had a family come by that just moved to our "town" 2 months ago. They were so neat to talk to. We talked about home schooling, "farming", and so much more. The husband asked Jason about adopting, and how in the world we are affording it and that they would LOVE to adopt some day, but how would they afford it.... so we were able to share with them. We gave them our name , address and phone number as well, so I hope to be in contact with them in the near future as well. They seemed like a family that we would really enjoy visiting with. :)
So not only was today a success to help us with OUR adoption of 2 beautiful blessings, I pray there was a ripple effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment