Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 12- Poor lighting, small table, GOOD visit

Today was our first visit on our own to the orphanage without our facilitator. 
It went well-- it is amazing how well we actually are able to communicate....  we did really well at the end he began speaking a bit too much Russian for us to comprehend but while playing and interacting things go very well.... and I had my handy dandy Russian for Children book out!!  :)


The lighting in these pictures are a little off, we met in the "therapy room".  There was a meeting in the room we normally meet in, so everything looks a little "green and yellow".  Sorry about that.  I do not like to have the flash on, it is too distracting.

Today I took a few pictures on our 20-30 minute drive to the orphanage.   It is a pretty good ride, the roads are rough, but nothing as bad as I had imagined.   We do cross a very large bridge.   This is the "river" below.


These yellow buses are everywhere....


I haven't gotten many building photos, I hate to take pictures of people/buildings... I don't know why-- I feel like I am taking a picture of their .... ummm......    not sure how to word it...
But I guess if these people came to our hometown and took pictures of our home/animals I wouldn't be offended so maybe I should go ahead.....  and take some more.... :)



The gate to the orphanage


Starting out with Lego's-- gotta say-- I'm glad only 1 more day of Lego's, we need to change things up-- and change things up we will-- (at HOME!)  :)


Today was a Dinosaur and a man tracking a dinosaur...


Here he is....


Here Dima is imitating the Dinosaur... LOL  (he loved this)


Doesn't he look like a pretty scary dinosaur???


Then we played memory, played with play doh and then we went through his photo album.... just want to help him be a bit more prepared for the gang at home. !!   

"This is broter, Zachary"  and he repeated "Zachary"... :)



Papa packing up Dima's bag.  Everyday we are to bring a snack for Dima's groupa.... today it was bananas.



One last picture for the day!! :)

Gotta share one other "funny"  he was rocking back on his chair making me a little nervous so in my little book it has a translation for "sit down please" and I told Dima "sit down please" in Russian... took him TOTALLY by surprise... his eyes got big and when I was looking back down at my book, he "mocked me" by moving his mouth and wrinkling his nose.....    THINK he is getting comfortable with us???  ah yes... i think he is.....




Then we came home to MYSTERY MEAT stir fry!!   Not sure what it was-- hoping for Pork.....  but it was good so we are not going to spend much more time thinking about it!!!  (They do eat horse here!!)   GULP!





Only 1 more visit-- then the next day is Court-- then HOME for the 10 day wait!!  Then back to bring Dima HOME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...sounds like everything is going well! Praying everything continues to go well and that you'll all be home together soon.

    ReplyDelete