Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8 & 9

Day 4 & 5 were Saturday and Sunday here.  We were not permitted to visit the orphange on the weekend so we decided to tour the region.


This is the main area of our apartment, in region.  (after court I will fill in more details of where we are).


This is the toally fashionable kitchen that if I were newly married and did not have 7 children I would love to have.  :)


This is our bedroom with our reading material.


Our fridge.  Eating here is an adventure.  I am very thankful for the instant oatmeal and instant coffee, raw sugar and creamer I brought from home.  (I did not need to bring the ramon noodles though).   At the store we try to stay "safe"  we bought eggs, cheese, bread, yogurt, that is then ketchup from home, and jam (they do not know what jelly is) water, lots of water (do not drink the water here) and COLA, then we have a sausage/meat stick type thing/s on the 4th shelf.
In the bottom drawer are potatoes and cabbage.  On the door is butter (blue lid, cat on the bottle), butter (Presdiental brand) and ummm the red box, we do not know what that is.....?)  Mystery.

We have mystery milk and mystery meat here. 
Although they do have Kefir here!!  :)  plus plus

This is our stylin' living room, someone on Facebooks said it looks like an IKEA couch, well if you know me I have never been in Ikea, but I know that was a compliment!!  lol



Here I am outside our apartment.



This is a nice restaurant we ate at on Saturday.  I had duck, Jason had filet,   The duck was way overcooked (maybe a good thing though, and the sauce was awesome).  The food is here is not expensive at all. 

3-D sidewalks...interesting


This is for Zachary--  they have a park that has all kinds of ride and bouncy things for kids.  It was just like a "central park".  very neat

They had Joshua's favorite ride too, but it wasn't working.
The menu at a restaurant we ate at Sunday.  Chicken livers, tongue are very popular here!! 



We ordered the cultured vegetetable platter, it was DELICIOUS!!!  LOVED IT

We also ordered the tongue platter-- VERY GOOD.  Only regret is that we would've tried that "red" sauce before the end, it was a horseradish sauce but it was not HOT, something took the burn away and it would've been delightful with the tongue.



Ah yes, and COLA in fancy glasses, who could forget that?  It is a very fancy restaurant, but it has American bathrooms, (not sure what other kinds there are, oh I'll have to get a picture) but they are also one of the few that have English menus.  Dinner was only about $20 USD.




The rest of the weekend we just walked around and took in the town.







2 comments: