That is what I just asked Jason. We are both sitting here in our appartment in the capital city. It is 10am and we just finished breakfast of oatmeal we brought from home with some instant coffee we brought from home.
We did not wake up until 9:15am and that was due to a phone call we received. Why are we sleeping in so? Well last night we went to bed at 9:30pm and we slept well until 2:30am and from 2:30am until 4am we were WIDE awake. Then we really tried to go back to sleep and eventually did. It has been like that everynight which I have heard from others is "normal".
We had our DAP appointment yesterday morning at 9am at the DAP office where we applied/received our offical referral for "Carter". That went very well. There were lots of phone conversations between the office and the orphanage and other conversations in Ukranian it was an interesting experience. The main thing is we left with everything going very well. I was able to snap a picure of "Carter's" baby picture. (he was just as cute then as he is now!!) We were able to find out his birth city and also the reason he is an orphan. ( I will share these details after court). We also heard a BIT of his health history but they said not to trust that very much it was not a good source we will receive the "good" health history when we arrive at his orphanage. The "not so good" source did say he DID have surgery!! (which is very good, but we expected since he was indeed walking with a walker).
So after DAP our facilitators took us to coffee (we went to DAP with another couple as well, it has been nice to meet them from our layover in Germany and until now...)
The rest of the day was free time. SO we did a bit of shopping. I didn't plan on buying anything, just wanted to browse. However 2 of the "vendors" were SOOO kind and spoke such cute English how could I not? They were so helpful as we were looking at a few keepsakes for "Carter"and also an item for some of our children at home. SO we bought a few things!!
Yesterday afternoon we were able to meet up with a MOMYS friend who only lives a few hours from us at "home"....yet our first meeting was in Country.... it was so nice to meet her. She is on her way home after having her NEW bundle of joy with her. They will be heading home in 1 day!! So happy for her family!!
We have free time here until 4pm when we go back to the DAP office and PICK UP our referral for "Carter". Then at 6:30-7pm we will be picked up by our driver and taken to the train station and headed for "Carters" orphanage region.
It is going to be a whirl wind I am thinking once we arrive. They say we will hit the ground running tomorrow morning when our train arrives. We will begin some social office visits, the orphanage visit, notary office visits and more. We were told to bring food, drink and toilet paper as we will not have much time at all to stop of any of those things!! We will most likely NOT be in our appartment until 7pm tomorrow night.
After that (Thursday) we will have our normal visits to the orphanage and we are not sure how long they will be due to "Carter" being in "school". I beleive Thursday is when our facilitators can begin "applying" for court for us!! That is the GOLDEN day we are waiting for!! They day "Carter" is ours-- the day we can head HOME to our children at home!! 10 days away from finishing up this process!!
I am having a terrible time attaching pictures... maybe when we get home for the 10 day wait I can add pictures and open this blog back up. I have had to take it private until court.
No comments:
Post a Comment