Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 2: We are here!!

We arrived yesterday afternoon.  After a very long trip, we arrived majorly sleep deprived but safe and sound.

We had excellent travels.   Our time in the airport was always the PERFECT amount of time, to get where we needed to be (through the checks etc) to sit and collect ourselves and be prepared for what was next.  Our plane travels were very good as well.   Jason had a very tight trip on our 8 hour plane to Germany.  The guy infront of him after several drinks put his seat the ENTIRE way back and crunched Jason's long legs..... but he was a trooper after a few Ibrophen once landing.



We arrived and our driver was waiting for us (how nice it would've been to have pictures of these things, but really I was TIRED and not thinking).   He took us to a local grocery store to convert some money and to buy a few groceries.   (Bread (which is quite good, I have NO idea what it is), Nutella (um really did we need anything else?), milk (with the cat on the bottle which our driver thought was odd that we wanted, but I knew from previous families...we wanted THAT kind), some Lay's potato chips, butter-- the driver told me NO on the eggs, and I had to put them back.. I have NO idea why-- but I'll miss them.. :)    We brought tons of coffee (instant and creamer, and sugar so we were good on that).

We got to our room, took an hour nap and then walked the city for like 5 minutes, I wasn't ready-- it was too much for me.  So we came back and had a sandwich and I went to sleep while Jason watch a little Nexflix movie.



We were able to sleep for 12 hours and we woke to a beautiful overcast morning (I did hear rain in the early morning hours). 

We had 2 cups of delicious coffee, I took a shower (not bad at all-- very nice infact) and then we had some of the instant oatmeal I brought.

We are getting ready to head out to see the sights!! 

It has really been a wonderful RELAXING morning.  Tomorrow will be much earlier because we have our very important meeting at 10am.  Our friends who are here as well have a 9am meeting I am not sure if we will go together (with the same driver, if so, it could be an early morning) but I am ready-- I am ready !!

Here are a few pictures from our apartment in the Capital City

Our bedroom

Our bedroom--with a beautiful balcony-- love to have that door open and feel the early fall breeze.


Our kitchenette


The view from the balcony







1 comment: