Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First 5 days home.....

The last 5 days since being home have been a whirl wind-- however I have had a few minutes to make some Facebook udpates... I'm transfering them all here!!  :)


We arrived home at 2:15am on November 2nd.   After coming in, he quickly inspected the washer and dryer and then moved on to the kitchen table.  He smiled a VERY big smile!!   Then on the living room where he was checking out the toys-- he LOVED IT!!!

November 2, 2012

It is like my kids have always known Dima-- it is sureal!! He and Stephen are like BEST friends, (they have had to be seperated 2x, but all is still well). They all get along great!! Daddy took the older two target shooting practicing to build some health into their life. :) Life is good right now.... but I did but a daily planner today...because I can see life ramping up a bit with appoint...
ments. Dima goes to the ped. on Thursday, Josh starts seeing an orthodontist a week later, and , and and,..... :) LIFE IS GOOD!!!! I have to admit "next time" has already been mentioned, but most likely not for 1-2 years..... when our children get a BIT older and easier to care for. :0 So many thanks to Joanna Rist who gave up a month + of her life to help us bring this WONDERFUL guy home!!
 
It's like Christmas morning here. Rejoicing in The Lord and lots of fun and laughing and "hey dima look at this"
 
 
 
 

"Mom, when will Dima learn my language?" - Stephen -5
Asked 101x today!! LOL
They play well... but Stephen asks him "Do you want to play fishing, do you want to play xyz...." I tell him- just start playing-- he'll join you if he is interested (he always is!! :) )






November 4th

Nights have been interesting here. Dima seems to cry a bit each night about 10 minutes after being tucked in. After I go back in an cuddle him and pray over him he settles down. Each night it gets fast and faster. Last night only took 5 minutes. Rachel I am pretty sure does have an ear ache... so she has been up 2-3x per night..... and the younger boys - Dima, Stephen & Nathan have been up...
at 6:30 am every morning! Today thought I listened to them in their room awhile.... and it was so cute--- they were all talking together. Dima in Russian and the other 2 in English... they did not let that slow them down at all!! :) I might actually be a bit sad when his enlgish goes all away... :( (he sounds so stinkin' cute)



We did the UNTHINKABLE yesterday-- we did a BIG outing... yes we did.... and Dima did great!! Looking forward to a quiet day home today. He really does great in public places-- he only gets a little "off" when it is a smaller crowd and people try asking him questions. At the one restaurant someone asked ALL the kids questions, he did not like that, at airport security people always tried talking to him, he did not like that) but as long as he can blend in with the rest of the kids he does GREAT!! Pictures to follow....








November 6th

Are you serious??? Someone on the 23rd of October ordered something from Walmart.com using Jason's bank card... it was a site to store purchase delivered somehere in Ohio!!! (We were in ukraine). A $350 purchase...called Walmart.com... they cannot do anything, but we will call our bank today. Unreal.


November 7th

Last night-- NO TEARS!! Went to bed with a smile, awoke with a smile!! :) (I know it could change back, but I am rejoicing in TODAY!!)
I love my new family!!! It is really like he has always belonged here!!


"How is Dima?"
my reply "Perfect.... yeah perfect that's all"!! :)
We should start throwing in a little "Matthew" soon.....not sure how that will go over?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment