Little updates..we are plugging along.
I received our rough draft home study Friday at 7pm! I have made some changes and my state side coordinator has made some changes we are waiting on one more "pre approval" and then we can submit and get a FINAL draft HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK!!!
Since we are so close my state side coordinator sent me the I600A form!! How exciting! And thankfully we do have the funds for that. $890 (including 2 biometric fingerprinting).
We also have a $500 fee we need to wire over to "said country" for their help in processing and "pre approving" forms and translating forms. THAT-- we need a little help with.
We also did get another call for the Suburban. We thought we would ask $7000. (that is the "good" private party value on KBB), We had one offer for $4000 but there is NO way because Jason just had new shocks, brakes and roters put on last week so we have a $1200 bill before we can even SELL it now. :( However today a guy called and offered $5500. I would REALLY like to see closer to $6k, but he is in "re sale" so he is looking to buy and re-sell on his lot... so I see why he offered $5500 HE will then sell on his LOT for $7000. So now to decide--- take the offer or wait.... I was REALLY REALLY planning on the Suburban to pay our Adoption fees of $9000 (when we get in country).... decisions decisions..... If we sell it for $5500 we will only clear $4300. Pass on this offer and get another one....maybe???
So that is where we are still paper chasing some documents. Waiting forever for Jason's PA birth certificate. Waiting for an employment letter that needs notarized, waiting for a new rental agreement with our landlord notarized, waiting for a few documents that need CAREFUL attention and notarization and licence copies from our family doctor (PRAYER is the only thing that will make that all happen with no problems).
So now I get it-- we are in the "Hurry Up and WAIT" phase of things.
_------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT PLEASE--- all those small hurdles I mentioned above do not seem big at all when you consider what TERRIBLE HORRIBLE BEYOND WORDS ordeal this family is in the middle of See HERE....
PLEASE PRAY for this FAMILY!!!
Here is their latest update...
Praying that all continues to go well and that your Suburban sells for the amount that you need.
ReplyDeleteDenise, I'm so excited and teary-eyed to see who you are adopting! Congratulations and bless you!!!
ReplyDelete