Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Ransom is being RAISED!!!

The last 2 days I have been chasing my tail-- working on getting what I thought would be a seemingly easy passport for Jason and I.

First I was told I needed a new Drivers Licence due to my address not being the correct one (even though I have the official address update card to go with it).  

Then I was told no, I did not need a new DL...(but I think I am still going to make it a priority to get one just to make this whole process go smoother.

So then I gathered our birth certificates got copies of our DL's and headed to the Post Office for our Passports--  and -- NOW-- they say we do NOT have the right "OFFICIAL" "RAISED SEAL" Birth certifiicates!!  So I have to get both of ours "ordered".

Ughhh I thought the passports would be the EASY part...


Well last night after some last minute cleaning up for our HOME STUDY TODAY!!!  I sat down to check out some blogs and fb updates-- and when I went to THIS blog to find my favorite blog upates-- I SAW IT!!--   SOMEONE HAS DONATED OUR FIRST PART OF CARTER'S RANSOM TO FREEDOM!!!!!

I have not even posted the official-- we are offical post yet-- and sharing our "need".. because I wanted to wait till after today's home study....   but SOMEONE has already STEPPED UP!!

This is one point I want to make ABUNDANTLY CLEAR--  ANY DONATIONS made toward this adoption are not "REALLY" for Jason or I--  they TOTALLY 100% go to FREE CARTER to COME HOME to his FAMILY!!  With out help it will be an impossible task-- but I know we are all called to "look after the orphans and widows in their distress".    That was a shift for me when I first heard about some of these adoption blogs-- I wasn't sure what exactly was going on-- but then someone shared it with me this way-- we are not "GIVING $$ to the family"-- we are GIVING $$ to RAISE the RANSOME to BRING THESE KIDS HOME-- it is giving $$ to FREE these children.   Some are set on not giving $$ to the "other" governments and I "get that"-- but you have to SEE the BIGGER PICTURE--- it is about these children coming HOME to FAMILIES that LOVE THEM-- and WANT THEM!!

As a matter of fact there are a few families that right now are MUCH closer to traveling that WE are still trying to help....we cannot do TOO much-- but these children are SOOO close to coming home-- how can we not help their families GO GET THEM??

These families NEED YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW...

Maxwell Charlie & Rebekah need help to come home later this summer.... you can donate here or you can check out their SUPER AWESOME SILENT AUCTION here...


I also have a DEAR DEAR MOMYS' friend who is hoping to travel yet this June/ July to bring home their son.... you can see their updates and donate HERE to bring home Benjamin home!!!  They also have a Raising the Ransome blog (very similar to my cyber yardsale)  HERE....


So if you are at all moved in your heart to HELP these orphans but are not called (YET)  you can do so much to help these families who are READY to GO and GET their children very soon!!  

**PS:  I say yet-- because I 100% believe this is a ripple affect -- I beleive when families accept the "call" to adopt and others watch and pray-- there will be others who are "called"-- it is amazing how we can be humble and obey God and he will work.  I cannot tell you how many people I have read have adopted or are VERY VERY CLOSE due to Susanna's Blog (The Blessing of Verity)--   Why?  Because their family was humble and OPEN to God and to SHARE their story...    I was just thinking last night-- I pray God uses our family to make a RIPPLE for HIM and for these children who SO VERY MUCH need RESCUED!!

1 comment:

  1. Denise, thank you so much for sharing about our son and our fundraising needs! We're still trusting day by day that the money will be there when it is needed, and so far God has provided :)

    Be prepared that your adoption will stretch you...in patience, faith, hope and love! While we are looking forward to being on the other end of this and having our son home, we are also trying to enjoy the journey and lessons we are learning along the way as well!

    ReplyDelete