This is going to be such an exciting week (I pray).
Tomorrow we are headed out to do an important part of our adoption process. We will be driving 2 hours 1 way to do this...and we PRAY for favor with those involved. Please pray if you would that we would have favor and safe travels.
Then if that goes well-- we should hopefully have many documents to finish notarizing and then apostilling...and LORD WILLING-- could we be ready to mail things to "said country" by August 1st? (that is the goal in my head....but I am waiting as well as I can on HIM).
***IF we were to submit by August 1st... we would travel to country in 7-9 weeks from then..... so October/November? And really that is so very tentative... anything could come up with our paperwork or the country..... but I know some have asked-- when will you be traveling and getting him??? And that is our VERY tentative timeline. We will not know the REAL date until about 1-3 weeks before we LEAVE!! Yes that is right, we will have a very short time to pack and be ready with plane tickets to GO! SO those weeks will be very busy raising funds and preparing our home (and kids at home, how will I leave them i am still not sure) and packing..... we will not be bored, excited yes, bored NO.
It is also a SUPER big week because I have a few families that I "KNOW" that are in "SAID country" RIGHT NOW!! I thought they were not leaving until NEXT week-- but they got there Saturday!! Whoo Hooo That is so exciting!! I haven't seen any pictures yet, but I am hanging on every word on their travel and meal excitement!! lol One family HOPEFULLY will SEE CARTER!! Oh I hope!! How exciting!! And to think in 5-6 weeks there will be MANY LESS ORPHANS!!!!
Also, my dear friend and family the Suttons are traveling in 6 days to their SAID country-- to meet their son!! They still need $400 to travel...so if you feel led, please consider helping them. And if you are REALLY excited about adoption and THE BIG PICTURE of ADOPTION check out these AWESOME wrist bands she is selling!! I love them. Joshua has worn his since the day we bought ours. (mine was lost by a toddler) but we are ordering more for our family...... they are SOOO cute!!
You can order them or make a donation here:
No comments:
Post a Comment